Content Management Site.

Steel Rat
General

Content Management Site.

Post by Steel Rat » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:15 pm

Heruca, have you considered creating a Wiki or Content management site for the hordes of user-created material you'll end up having? Starting early will let you set the ground rules before you end up with 10,000 items you have to try and categorize. Setting up a gallery site like I have will help you in the long run, I think. Either 4Images or Gallery2 would work.

Just a thought.
Steel Rat
Infinite Ordnance: Military RPG supplements
RPGMapShare.com - Free map and mapping object repository.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:34 pm

I've thought about it, but just haven't had the time to look into it much.

I will probably get around to this after v1.0 is released, or after the first update is released.

Thanks for the suggestions. Gives me a place to start.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:25 pm

I haven't tried many galleries, but I haven't liked any of the CMSs like phpNuke or PostNuke that I've seen.

Normally I just modify phpBB to accomodate the needed features, but it would be nice to find a flexible CMS that isn't full of bugs if you know any.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:33 pm

By the way, during the course of one of the projects I was working on recently, I encountered a very powerful and easy to install mod for phpBB2 that adds a HUGE amount of features, including subforum support. (A large portion of the feature list from phpBB3 is in this mod)

http://ptifo.clanmckeen.com/
(Categories Hierarchy Mod)

The author of this mod is quite talented and also promises continued support for it, including an upgrade path to phpBB3 when it's released.

I know from experience that things such as post attachments, galleries, and much more work quite well with this mod, so it might be a good option for battlegrounds. I have also already made a portal / news page too for that mod, if you ever wished to have your news built into the forum.

Since I know you're too busy to worry about the site, I would be happy to set all that up for you if you wanted. And my offer of free web hosting still applies, whether or not you choose to use that mod.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:38 pm

Sounds very promising. I'll take a look at it. Thanks!
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.