Donations

Omnidon
Site Admin

Donations

Post by Omnidon » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:48 am

Should put a donation button on the forums and maybe elsewhere.

BRPG is a good project that will improve the whole community and, as you said elsewhere, you legitimately need the money to continue. Many sites that sell niche products use donate buttons.

I doubt many people will donate, but better to have the option there ;-) It will never even occur to people otherwise.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:59 am

I actually thought about it (although I seriously doubt I'd get many donations, if any). But then I figured that if people want to support this project by throwing a few dollars towards the cause, they can just buy 1 or more Floating Licenses, which can be given away to their friends. That way, they get something in return for their financial support, while simultaneously expanding BRPG's user base and potentially introducing BRPG to people that might not have heard of it otherwise (because the friend might tell his/her friends in turn).

But perhaps you're right, since a Donate button would allow for smaller donations to be made. I'll think about it some more.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.