Bug listings

smatt1001
General

Bug listings

Post by smatt1001 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:55 pm

Heruca,

take this with a grain of salt but I think before the 1.0 relases it might be a good idea to clean up all the stickies in bugs forum. A person new to the product and the forums could easily be intimidated by the almost complete first page of stickied bug listings.

I, personally, know you do a great job of crushing the bugs because I've been around for a while now but I'm not so sure that that massive list would inspire confidence in a new user.
For the same reaseon feel free to get rid of this post later
Well, if BRPG someday becomes a household name (at least among gamer households), smatt1001 will be able to boast that he was the first person in the world to buy a license.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:27 pm

I've yet to see a v1.0 program ship completely free of bugs. The difference here is I make them known about up front.

I understand your concern, however, and will try to reduce the open bug list as much as I can before release so that it's not so intimidating. There are also a few bugs that have already been dealt with, but the stickies need updating to reflect that. And a great number of the bugs listed have workarounds posted, or are extremely trivial or cosmetic in nature.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

smatt1001
General

Post by smatt1001 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:14 pm

Heruca, I totally agree with you I've never ever seen a bug free 1.0 I was really just commenting on the potential intimidation factor
Well, if BRPG someday becomes a household name (at least among gamer households), smatt1001 will be able to boast that he was the first person in the world to buy a license.

Dormouse
General

Post by Dormouse » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:17 pm

Another reason to reduce the stickies is to avoid having to scroll down the page just to see the most recent post.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:27 pm

heruca wrote:There are also a few bugs that have already been dealt with, but the stickies need updating to reflect that.
Yeah, I never finished checking most of them. It's quite tedious :P
I'll get around to it eventually, but ya'll are welcome to help out.
Dormouse wrote:Another reason to reduce the stickies is to avoid having to scroll down the page just to see the most recent post.
Well I use the "View Posts Since Last Visit" link ;-)
It's very handy. I never have to scroll down to find new posts.