Loading Images to this Forum

erian_7
General

Loading Images to this Forum

Post by erian_7 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:50 pm

I know it's been brought up before, but having just completed posting several contact sheets down in the User Creations section, I wanted to bump the thought again of a need for being able to load images directly to this forum.

Not something to take precedent over coding the app, mind you, but definitely a need if we want this site to be a BRPG upload repository.
<>< ;^)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:48 pm

I don't think I'll be able to address this issue until early February (after CyberCon ends). I just have too much coding still to do. In any case, there probably isn't an overwhelming need to post user submissions until there's a real shipping product to support.

If anyone knows of a good way to add graphics & file uploading to a phpBB2 forum, I'd love to hear about it. But I suspect I'll have to redo these forums in php nuke to get this to happen.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:40 pm

I think you are right Heruca ... better ask MetaJock, he will know :)

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:59 pm

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:02 pm

Ephotohut have a linked thumbnail tool that works on PHPbb boards. You have to put up with their advertising when looking at the image.

There is also a photo album add on for PHPbb available. Don't know anything about it though... http://www.phpbbhacks.com/category/37/

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:12 pm

Very nice Hale ... very nice

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:23 pm

Thanks, Halebop. The Photo Album Add-On looks promising. Will look into it tomorrow.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.