Forum Registrations

Omnidon
Site Admin

Forum Registrations

Post by Omnidon » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:04 am

heruca wrote:In an attempt to stop spam-bots from joining these forums, anyone wishing to register on these forums must now send me an email (admin at battlegroundsgames dot com) after registering. Include your username in the email and I will enable the account.

Sorry for the hassle, folks, but I need to keep these forums clean, and free of bogus accounts.
Personally, I would say we're better off with the spam bots. Most people already consider registering to be a big hassle. You'll get very few new members if you require everyone to send you an email.

A better solution would be to upgrade the forum to be more secure. I know you've already added a couple anti-spam mods to the forum, but that big mod I have mentioned to you before is still far more secure.

As I have said before, I'd be happy to help you set it up or even host it for you.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:06 pm

It also turns out that the spam bots are still able to join, but the accounts remain inactive.

So OK, I take back what I said and am going back to the way things were.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.