Ambush!

A place for BRPG and BGE users to socialize
heruca
Developer

Ambush!

Post by heruca » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:22 pm

I just wanted to share some screenshots of the latest digital boardgame conversion that I've created for BGE, "Ambush!", published by Victory Games in 1983. "Ambush!" is widely considered one of the best solitaire wargames ever created.

Please note that this digital game conversion is for my personal use only, and will not be distributed. I created this digital game conversion because, having young children at home, I simply don't have the physical tablespace available to keep this game set up for days at a time, so I'll be playing it on my laptop, instead.

Click image for larger version

:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:24 pm

:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:25 pm

Last one. (Sorry, but I can't seem to have more than three linked images per post on these forums)

rab46
Captain

Post by rab46 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:15 pm

Looks great Hernan!

I finished my conversion last November, but I had problems with the squad roster so I still use the paper version. How did you implement the text entries? Do you generate them as you need them as individual text entries? Any hints on how you implemented your version would be helpful. Maybe I'll give it a try.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:40 pm

You did Ambush? Should've mentioned it, silly. :P

I'd love to see some screenshots of your version.

See this post on BGG for the answer to your question.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:41 pm

rab46 wrote:How did you implement the text entries? Do you generate them as you need them as individual text entries?
I added a command in BGE v1.5 (not yet released) that enables you to merge multiple tokens into a single multi-token unit. This allowed me to easily make units of multiple text labels that can be flipped through. In short, I cheated. :twisted:

MarkSimms
General

Re: Ambush!

Post by MarkSimms » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:04 pm

I hate you two, I realy would of liked ambush.

okiefire
Cannon Fodder

Post by okiefire » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:03 pm

I have all of Ambush! modules and would love to know how to do this. Since I just got BGE today, it may take me a while. Plus I don't have the fancy graphics programs or know-how to scan and import anything bigger than 8.5x11". Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to learning BGE and getting some of my own games ported over.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:51 pm

Welcome, okiefire.

Rab46 might have some tips for you. He's a prolific BGE module-maker. And I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you might have. Start small, learn a couple of features at a time, and study how existing modules were put together.

It would be awesome to see more Ambush-related content ported to BGE.

okiefire
Cannon Fodder

Post by okiefire » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:15 pm

Thanks. I've already started a conversation with Rab46 about another game, plus I've been muddling through Ostfront rules and BGE module. I look forward to figuring all this out and maybe creating a few modules on my own.