Automatic Naming with numbers...bizarre

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Kazander
General

Automatic Naming with numbers...bizarre

Post by Kazander » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:38 am

Not sure how you meant this one to work Heruca, but if I take a figure, and copy & paste it, the automatic naming works based on the name of the figure rather than the name of the graphic file like it used to, but the numbering is definitely strange.

If the original figure is named Test, the naming scheme turnes the pasted one into Test 02, and goes back to the first 1 and makes it Test 01. Well that's good, but if you paste again, it gets messed up. Figure 3 becomes "Test 01 02", figure 1 becomes "Test 01 01". And so on. The more times you paste, the worse it gets.

Not a big deal since I'm used to renaming them manually at this point, but I'm pretty sure that's not really how you intended it to work. :)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:14 am

Yeah, it's never really worked right except when doing a mass deployment.

Unit auto-naming is usually based off the graphic's name, but as of v1.3e, when cloning an existing unit, the auto-naming is based off the unit's name.

I guess I'll take a stab at finally fixing it in v1.4 (if not sooner).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:37 pm

Auto-naming is fixed for v1.4, so that it now works even if the original unit name ends in a number. This bug fix applies both to mass-deployments and when cloning existing units.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.