1.3f - Enemys not seen in turn sequencer by players

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
nortonweb
General

1.3f - Enemys not seen in turn sequencer by players

Post by nortonweb » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:35 am

Used 1.3f for the first time with our group and everything ran smooth apart from none of my players could see any of the enemy in the turn sequencer. They didn't even see them when it was that NPC's turn to act.

I've not tested it locally yet to see if I forgot some switch that 1.3f needed me to switch. This was over 3 different encounters but all on the same map. The map was a loaded and saved 1.3e that we were half through so that could be an issue???
Running 5 player D&D 4E campaign over the net using BRPG 1.4e

nortonweb
General

Post by nortonweb » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:44 am

I have discovered its because I set them as enemy (ie they get the red background) if I change them to friend or neutral then they appear...

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:12 pm

I haven't confirmed this bug yet, but it sounds like I goofed while changing the code to obfuscate enemy data in the Turn Sequencer.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

nortonweb
General

Post by nortonweb » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:14 pm

Also we found on Sunday that if a Friend is hidden then they will still be in the TS but all their values are set as NA to everyone but them self and the GM

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:20 pm

Is that a bad thing? Once Frodo puts on the ring, how would his companions know many HPs he has left? :wink:
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

nortonweb
General

Post by nortonweb » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:44 pm

Ahhh its a "feature" ;)

heruca
Developer

Re: 1.3f - Enemys not seen in turn sequencer by players

Post by heruca » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:15 pm

nortonweb wrote:none of my players could see any of the enemy in the turn sequencer. They didn't even see them when it was that NPC's turn to act.
Confirmed that this is a bug, and fixed it for v1.4. I also addressed several situations in which the active unit would be out of sync between the GM, the Adversary Player, and other players.

In the meantime, I recommend that GM's using v1.3f assign a Neutral disposition to hostile units, so that they'll appear in the players' Turn Sequencer.