Dungeons and Dragons 4E

CdrDave
Cannon Fodder

Dungeons and Dragons 4E

Post by CdrDave » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:53 pm

I'd like to see if there is any interest in participating in a D&D 4th Edition game. I've played most versions of D&D (from the Red Box through 3.5) and have recently purchased the 4th edition rules as well as Battlegrounds RPG. I have run a few games of 4th edition, and am still in the process of learning BG.

Would anyone be interested in helping me get this started? Please understand up front that, initially, I would just like to make some connections with players, experiment with using BG and all of it's functions, transferring maps and tokens, etc. This will naturally develop into an ongoing game / campaign. I have only purchased the GM client, so you will need your own copy of software. Although initially we will only use the chat client in BG, I would like to keep the possibility open for using voice chat to assist gameplay in the future (Skype / vent / etc.)

Also, please know that I am not a writer. If you're expecting deep, engaging, eloquent writing skills from a DM, you might want to look somewhere else. However, if you'd like to have fun playing some D&D 4E, while being a little forgiving of both the DM and players as we learn BG, then this could be a lot of fun.

Frequency of the game sessions will depend on interest / availability of everyone involved. I'm currently in the central time zone, and would be interested in playing approximately around 6-8pm weekdays, and almost anytime on weekends. Either post a reply, or shoot me an email at: david_d94 [AT] hotmail {DOT} com.

Thanks.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:18 pm

Edited your email address ;-)
Try to avoid posting your full email address on high-traffic websites, or you'll get a lot of spam.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:09 pm

Welcome, CdrDave.

This sounds like a great opportunity for other people new to BRPG to learn-while-they-game.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

jrgumby
Cannon Fodder

Post by jrgumby » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:52 pm

I'd lke to give it a shot. I'd be most open to playing in the evenings during the week, bu afternoons or late mornings on the weekends would usually work too.

CdrDave
Cannon Fodder

Post by CdrDave » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:05 pm

Thanks for the response jrgumby. Send me an email sometime and we'll work out the details for making a connection. If nothing else, just 10 minutes one evening to get the connection working, do some chatting, and maybe work with some of the other features of BG. Looking forward to chatting with you.

Goddball
Cannon Fodder

Post by Goddball » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:41 am

Count me in. I'm in Denmark, so I'm not sure about the time difference. I know I'm +6hrs from Eastern Time, so that would mean weekend evenings would suit me best. Shall we see if we can work out a time?

Goddball
Cannon Fodder

Post by Goddball » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:42 am

Goddball wrote:Count me in. I'm in Denmark, so I'm not sure about the time difference. I know I'm +6hrs from Eastern Time, so that would mean weekend evenings would suit me best. Shall we see if we can work out a time?
that's weekend afternoons to you :wink:

Goddball
Cannon Fodder

Post by Goddball » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:50 am

hah, just noticed I'm a year too late :lol:
I'm not here, I'm out feeding the cows.