1.4a: weird effect when placing a figure

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
nortonweb
General

1.4a: weird effect when placing a figure

Post by nortonweb » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:50 pm

Ok this is a weird on.

I double click on the map grid to get the pop-up menu. I select Place Figure.

I then pick my figure. It is then placed on the map some 15 sqs east of where I clicked!

Ok I think what its doing is placing the figure (or object) where I click the button on the first panel where you pick what figure you want.

I think this as when the image picker screen comes up it appears on the far right of my screen (even though I selected center on pref's which would be a different bug) if I move it to the center or where I want the image and then click the button the image is placed there...

Not a show stopper but a bit inconvenient...
Running 5 player D&D 4E campaign over the net using BRPG 1.4e

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:15 pm

I'm unable to duplicate this. Tried on both my Mac and my Windows PC, with various different snap-to-grid, grid type, and grid visibility settings.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Re: 1.4a: weird effect when placing a figure

Post by heruca » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:18 pm

nortonweb wrote:I think this as when the image picker screen comes up it appears on the far right of my screen (even though I selected center on pref's which would be a different bug)
The "Preferred Panel Location" Preference settings mostly applies to panels other than the figure and object placement panels. If you place a unit on the left side of your screen, the panel will always open on the right side, so as to not obscure your view of the unit as you tweak it. And vice-versa.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

nortonweb
General

Post by nortonweb » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:25 pm

No worries like I said not a show stopper if you get other reports then you can look into it.

nortonweb
General

Post by nortonweb » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:29 am

This is defo a bug with 1.4a

in 1.3f when I double click on the map and select figure or object to place as the figure or object panel pops up the main map is locked out which leave my selected sq selected. Now the main map is still in focus so as I move my cursor over the map it keeps selecting sq's so once my mouse gets to the panel I've selected (well mouse moved over) a new sq. In fact it continues selecting even while the mouse is over the panel. Then I hit the select button and the object/figure goes into the last place my mouse was...

its a bug and it makes placing items on a map a chore...

maybe you have something special set hercua??? I'm using window xp...

I'm defo getting this with 1.4a and don't with 1.3f

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:26 am

OK, this is very, very weird, but at least I found the cause. Placing figures works properly only if you disable the "When FoW Panel is closed" checkbox on the third Preferences screen.

nortonweb
General

Post by nortonweb » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:12 am

Ahhhhh thats it...

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:09 am

This bug is fixed for v1.4b.