Feature requests

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
tomservo12
Cannon Fodder

Feature requests

Post by tomservo12 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:17 pm

-- Split from Wishlist for New Content by Omni --

Greetings,
I've been enjoying Battlegrounds for some time now! Here's some features I'd like to see:

The ability to assign Turn Sequencer settings via the Figure Editor. It might be difficult because the sequencer is very customizable.

Porting to Mac OS Intel code, so us Mac Users don't have to run in Rosetta any longer!

A larger playfield; I'd like to be able to use the entire field when zoomed out at 20%!

That's my Wish List for now!

Omnidon
Site Admin

Re: Feature requests

Post by Omnidon » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi, I split your post since that other thread was actually talking about media content, not built-in features.
tomservo12 wrote:The ability to assign Turn Sequencer settings via the Figure Editor. It might be difficult because the sequencer is very customizable.
Sounds like you're asking for a character sheet feature. That would definitely be nice and is a popular request.
I intend to create a Flash extension for that once we get more Flash integration if heruca hasn't added a built-in feature for it by then.
tomservo12 wrote:Porting to Mac OS Intel code, so us Mac Users don't have to run in Rosetta any longer!
Mac Intel chip support requires that BRPG's development environment be upgraded from Director 10.1.1 to Director 11.
It's an improvement I would certainly like to have, but last I heard heruca wasn't planning to make the upgrade until BRPG v2 due to the extensive code rewrites that it would require.
tomservo12 wrote:A larger playfield; I'd like to be able to use the entire field when zoomed out at 20%!
I assume you mean you want the map to fill the whole screen at 20% zoom?

If you don't need the grid or Fog of War, then you can use large Tile objects instead of the built-in map to create a map of any size.
The grid, the Fog of War, individual objects, and the built-in map feature are limited to a maximum size of 4000x4000, but the playing field itself is unlimited.

Object images that are not loaded from a web server (meaning they are transfered peer to peer instead) are limited to 2 MB in size.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:41 pm

Welcome, tomservo12.

Can you elaborate on your first request?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

david.steele
Sergeant

Post by david.steele » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:10 pm

The ability to assign Turn Sequencer settings via the Figure Editor. It might be difficult because the sequencer is very customizable.
I think I know what he means by this. I was looking for the same thing - it just felt natural that it should be there.

I think what he is asking for is the ability to edit the values shown in each column in the turn sequencer by right-clicking on a figure then choosing "edit figure". Being able to enter the setting into the "Unit Settings" window that pops up would be easier(?) or more intuitive(?) at times. It was one of the first places I looked to enter the data.

Perhaps with a second window of settings like you did with the perferences (more preferences, even more perferences) windows.

As he mentioned, it would probably not be too easy to do because you don't necessarily know how people are using the turn sequencer (how many columns they have customized).