Encounter data is not valid

Kazander
General

Encounter data is not valid

Post by Kazander » Fri May 06, 2011 10:11 pm

My encounter saves (2 of them) from last week are not valid for some reason....it's going to really mess up my game tonight. :(

(they're both the same, but I always save twice at the end of the night in case of a problem....but this time I just got two bad files)

Other ones load just fine. Really don't know what could be wrong with them.

Can you offer any help?

(1.6m, btw)
Attachments
CURRENT.bge
(80.48 KiB) Downloaded 215 times

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri May 06, 2011 11:11 pm

See if this helps:

Open the file in a text editor and search for "void".

Delete the text "<void>", then save the file. Try to open it in BRPG.

BTW, that value, which I don't know how it went void, is for storing the "Secret Portrait" property of a unit. Is that a feature you were using recently?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat May 07, 2011 10:54 am

Ignore my last message.

Open the file in a text editor and search for "void".

Delete the text "<void>", and replace it with "H1" (include the quotes), then save the file. Try to open it in BRPG. It should work now.

BTW, that value, which I don't know how it went void, is for storing the "Base Size" property of a figure. The corrupted figure is called "Attacker" in your Encounter.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Sat May 07, 2011 2:08 pm

Thanks Heruca. That did the trick.

I knew there was a previous posting about this, but my searches just weren't turning it up last night. My brain's only at about 50% though, because I'm a little under the weather.