BUG: Generic Cell Indicator List. (1.0.5 Beta) [FIXED]

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Full Bleed
General

BUG: Generic Cell Indicator List. (1.0.5 Beta) [FIXED]

Post by Full Bleed » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:23 am

When deploying an Object>Generic Cell Indicator and running through the list of available indicators the following error pops up when you get to "Square,White"
Cannot Divide by zero

Script Error, Continue?

I consider this to be a DEVASTATING bug and it must be fixed/patched immediately!!

;)
Last edited by Full Bleed on Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:32 am

Sounds like that graphic must be fully transparent. heruca still hasn't protected against that with a minimum object size of 1 pixel. We used to get that error with the clear tile before he removed the tabletop background.

heruca
Developer

Re: BUG: Generic Cell Indicator List. v1.0.5 Beta

Post by heruca » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:51 am

Full Bleed wrote:I consider this to be a DEVASTATING bug and it must be fixed/patched immediately!!
;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the report and the laugh.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:38 am

This DEVASTATING bug has been fixed for the v1.0.5 patch. :lol:

I also noticed that the graphic called "Square, Green" is actually red. :oops:
And the graphic called "Hex, White" was also drawing funky, so I re-saved it and now it looks fine. All this is fixed for the v1.0.5 patch.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:47 am

Omnidon wrote:Sounds like that graphic must be fully transparent. heruca still hasn't protected against that with a minimum object size of 1 pixel. We used to get that error with the clear tile before he removed the tabletop background.
Exactly right. Pure white gets treated as transparent by Director when using certain ink effects. These all-white graphics were therefore returning a width and height value of zero. I've now trapped for that eventuality so it shouldn't happen again.