Token Packs

Share your favorite RPG-related and wargame-related links with the Battlegrounds community
devinnight
Sergeant

Token Packs

Post by devinnight » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:26 am

I'm releasing commercial token packs on the Four Ugly Monsters web store.
These tokens will work with BG. Though I may release higher-res tokens for BG since it handles the images better.
Thanks.

http://www.fouruglymonsters.com/store.htm

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:41 am

Great looking site, Devinnight! A good fit for your great looking tokens. :D

Best of luck with your online sales. I hope BRPG can throw some extra traffic your way.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

devinnight
Sergeant

Post by devinnight » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:35 pm

Thanks.
And likewise I hope that when people see how great BG handles the images more people will grab a copy of this great app.
-D

devinnight
Sergeant

Post by devinnight » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:01 am

I have been revamping my tokens to release them at higher resolutions.
Since BG displays them so well I wanted them to stand up better when enlarged or zoomed in on.

So coming in a week or two the Four Ugly Monsters store will have around 7-8 token packs available. They are identical to the packs I have released for FG but they will be at a higher-resolution.

I will release more info as I get closer to wrapping them up.
-Devin

Sledge
Cannon Fodder

Post by Sledge » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:48 pm

Hi Devin,

Higher resolution images is certainly something I would be most interested in. Will they be sold seperately to the existing packs or do they replace the lower res packs?

If the latter, will people who have already purchased the packs get a free or subsides upgrade?

devinnight
Sergeant

Post by devinnight » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:46 pm

Hello Sledge.
If you bought the packs already, but don't use them for FG I will provide you with the BRPG versions.
The initial packs are sized to work best with FG, they have been reduced in size so that they fit well with that app.
When I heard about BRPG and saw how it handled the files I realized that I could release them at a higher resolution.
Some of my initial packs are not as nice as the newer ones since I started working with more detailed sketches.

So, I don't plan on giving everyone higher res packs, however if you purchased them for use with BRPG send me an email and I will get you the BRPG versions.

Thanks.
-Devin

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:54 pm

Devinnight,

Just out of curiosity, what resolution will your new tokens be at? Will it be high enough that we can zoom in 200% (2x) without pixellation? Or will they just be around 60 pixels per cell?

I mention this because I'm not sure if you're aware of the zoom functionality that is being added to BRPG.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

devinnight
Sergeant

Post by devinnight » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:46 am

They are 3 to 4 times larger so they should handle being zoomed in on.
-Devin

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:30 am

Cool. :D

Once the hi-res versions are available, you should market your token packs to the KloogeWerks crowd, too.

heruca
Developer

Hi-Res Token Packs are Now Available

Post by heruca » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:53 pm

Devinnight and Four Ugly Monsters have released high-resolution versions of their eight top-down token packs.

More info here:
http://www.fouruglymonsters.com/communi ... .php?t=522

You'll also get to preview some of these hi-res tokens in the sample mini-adventure that will be included with BRPG v1.0.

Edit: I guess this makes Four Ugly Monsters the first official third-party content provider for BRPG. :D 8)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:35 pm

Four Ugly Monsters is now offering a bundle price on their first twelve token packs.

http://fouruglymonsters.com/onlinestore ... 216692a532

This is a great way to get their entire collection of tokens so far, and save money at the same time.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:38 am

Token Pack #14 (DM Essentials II) is now available:
http://fouruglymonsters.com/onlinestore ... ucts_id=36

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:30 pm