Banner month for BRPG sales!

Other Battlegrounds Games news
heruca
Developer

Banner month for BRPG sales!

Post by heruca » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:09 am

I'm happy to announce that July has been the best month, sales-wise, since BRPG was released. And the month isn't even over yet! :D

I suspect the delay in WotC's Game Table has been a large factor, as folks begin exploring alternative VTs.

More BRPG users is good for every BRPG user:

¢ It means bugs will be found, reported, and fixed quicker than ever.

¢ It also means it should be easier to find remote players and GMs for any given RPG system, since there's a larger pool of gamers to choose from.

¢ And with v1.3 about to be released, it's nice to know that more users than ever will benefit from this major update.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Alynnalizza
Captain

Post by Alynnalizza » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:13 am

That's GREAT news. Gratz on the stellar month.
Asgardnorth.net & Asgardnorth.com , 2 sources for your Fantasy Needs. Com for freebies, Net for commercial items. Stop by and take a look.

Skeeve
Sergeant

Post by Skeeve » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:52 pm

Yes congrats!

I do agree with you that with WotC delay (incompetance actually) in releasing their product caused me to stumble on BRPG.

And I can attest that I have been responsible for at least 5 sales now. ;-)

Skeeve
Hosting a F2F (face to face) D&D 4e game using BRPG 1.3c on Vista.

cliff
Sergeant

Post by cliff » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:03 am

Yeah, WotC's handling of their game table (I'm to PAY for miniatures?!?!? EXCUSE ME?!?!?) made me come back and have another look, and seeing how far it had come since my last look I decided to buy enough licenses for a full group.

The disappointing thing is, I haven't actually managed to PLAY in a BRPG game yet - I really need to do that.

Heruca - Grats on the stellar month, your customer service is stellar and you deserve every penny you earn.

WyvernSting
Sergeant

Post by WyvernSting » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:49 pm

I want to also mention that WotC's effective failure to follow through on their original designs has also forced me (and my group) to look for alternatives. I found out about this product through a post on the WotC forums talking about VT alternatives. Best I could tell this was the only one that supported hex maps and therefore the ONLY option for my group.

I purchased a copy of the GM and 5-license pack today and have to say that the customer support has been AMAZING so far.

Thank you for supporting the RPG hobby and providing such an excellent tool. *Now I just need to figure out how to use FoW* hehe

Regards,
Another-Happy-Customer!

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:51 pm

Welcome, WyvernSting.

A number of VTs offer hexgrid support, actually. But I hope that doesn't make you regret your purchase. If it's any consolation, none of them handle hex-shaped unit bases in the same way as BRPG.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

WyvernSting
Sergeant

Post by WyvernSting » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:01 pm

heruca wrote:...I hope that doesn't make you regret your purchase. If it's any consolation, none of them handle hex-shaped unit bases in the same way as BRPG.
By no means!! I'm new to the VTT market and I'm comfortable with the fact that you were represented as one of the top 3 products in the space. I'm looking forward to getting to know your product better.

Nerfed2Hell
Sergeant

Post by Nerfed2Hell » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:14 am

I can't imagine this being a regretable decision... as you say, customer support is great. heruca is very involved with the community when it comes to feedback and support. I'm not saying other VT makers aren't, but what I really respect about him is how when new VTs pop up, he posts links to their websites in his forum so everyone here sees all the options out there.

heruca
Developer

Re: Banner month for BRPG sales!

Post by heruca » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:47 am

heruca wrote:I'm happy to announce that July has been the best month, sales-wise, since BRPG was released.
Well, that record didn't last long. August surpassed it. :D

WyvernSting
Sergeant

Post by WyvernSting » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:37 pm

That's great to hear, Heruca... keep up the good work!

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:10 am

:D
May you break your record often! ;)

hjmaier
Captain

Post by hjmaier » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:23 am

Indeed! May be a new record for September!

Best regards
hj

dorpond
Soldier

Post by dorpond » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:39 am

Congrats Heruca! :)

And thank you WoTC for spreading VTT excitement so that Heruca and other VTT developers can reap the rewards! :lol:

Really though, it is nice knowing all your efforts were not wasted. Definately an incentive for BG2.0! :)