Gladiator Arena for GURPS

heruca
Developer

Gladiator Arena for GURPS

Post by heruca » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:45 pm

For GURPS players and GMs, this package should serve as a quick and easy way to see how to run a GURPS combat using the Battlegrounds RPG Edition software. Even if you don't play GURPS, the sample Encounter should prove to be a useful example of how BRPG can be configured for a particular game system. You can also use the contents of the free artpack that's included, if you ever need to run an arena combat in your current campaign.

Instructions are in the ReadMe file that's included in the Zip. Note that you will need BRPG v1.4e or greater to play, but even the free Demo should work.

Enjoy!
Attachments
Gladiator_Arena_for_GURPS.zip
(2.21 MiB) Downloaded 203 times
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:42 am

Figured I'd add some pics so you can see what this is like before you download it.
Attachments
Arena Fight Begins.jpg
Arena Fight Begins.jpg (846.49 KiB) Viewed 2834 times
Arena Fight Ends.jpg
Arena Fight Ends.jpg (682.01 KiB) Viewed 2678 times
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

ursus
General

Post by ursus » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:03 pm

Thanks Heruca. I really like this. I think can get some use out of it for introducing people to the GURPS combat system.

I especially like the music. Is it from Star Trek?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:16 pm

Hopefully this can help get new people to try out GURPS, and introduce existing GURPS players to BRPG.
ursus wrote:I especially like the music. Is it from Star Trek?
Yeah, the original series. The episode where Kirk and Spock fight in an arena on Vulcan (I forget the name of the episode, but I think it's something like "Amok Time").

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:11 pm

Can I request square shaped movement squares?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:19 pm

Once you've loaded this Encounter, go into BRPG's Preferences panel and select a square grid instead of a hex grid.

You'll want to resize the map if your game scale has changed. The map is currently sized for 3 feet per cell, but you'll probably want to use a scale of 5 feet per cell. This can all be changed from the Map Settings panel.

david.steele
Sergeant

Post by david.steele » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:19 pm

Should this still work with version beta v1.7?

I Load the encounter and only see the characters, four fires, and the microphone icon...

I don't actually see the arena itself...

I checked and the GURPS Gladiator Arena.cxt file is in the Artpacks folder.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:23 pm

It should work, but it's possible that something broke in the long chain of updates. I will test this tomorrow and fix it if necessary.

Most likely I messed up the link to the server-based map.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:59 am

Try downloading this and placing it in your "Media Asset Bundles" folder, then import the bundle using the "Import Encounter Assets" command.

That should get the map and tokens called for in the Encounter file into BRPG.

david.steele
Sergeant

Post by david.steele » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:19 pm

It works now. Does that mean that I had done something wrong?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:47 pm

I'm not sure, David. It might also have just been a server glitch, if it suddenly started working now even without the file I posted above.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:49 pm

cyderak wrote:Can I request square shaped movement squares?
I've just re-released the arena in a format usable with any RPG system. Look here.