CanadianWolverine & Shadowrun

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
Omnidon
Site Admin

CanadianWolverine & Shadowrun

Post by Omnidon » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:17 pm

Copied from -here-:
CanadianWolverine, Game System List wrote:Shadowrun 4 Anniversary Edition aka SR4A

- I am currently looking for a way to GM/Play ... in my area it took me years just to find a D&D game I could join and then I learned I'm not really having fun in that, so... Please sell me on your product, I am desperate for an experience somewhat like I get from playing Neverwinter Nights 1/2, which I didn't even realize I was using like a Virtual Tabletop to find games to DM and play in. Feel free to do your sales person thing on me and convince me this is app I need to play SR4A.
I'm creating this thread so the game system list doesn't get cluttered with replies.

While I'm sure the developer and other users will be happy to share their opinions with you, don't forget that you can always try out the free demo. Check the downloads page for the latest official release or the product releases forum for the latest beta version.
(Currently v1.4i for the official, and v1.4j for the beta).

If finding a GM is the main limiting factor for your gaming, then I recommend looking for or requesting one in the Game Room.

Virtual Tabletop communities still tend to be rather small, so it tends to be better to find one or more groups to play with before you invest in software.

BRPG has an advantage in that area over some VTs on the market in that it has a Floating License feature.
A GM can grant temporary use of his or her Floating Licenses to users connecting with the free demo, allowing them to act as fully licensed players for the duration of the game. This allows random players to join a game using BRPG and play for free as long as the GM is willing to purchase some spare floating licenses.

If you decide BRPG does not suite your needs, then be sure to check out the developer's comprehensive list of other VTs and useful roleplaying software:
http://battlegroundsgames.com/links.html

EDIT: You may find the following thread interesting, as it contains user comparisons between BRPG and one of its major competitors, Fantasy Grounds:
viewtopic.php?t=2107

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:16 am

Welcome, CanadianWolverine.

I'm not familiar with SR4A. Any major changes from SR4?

AFAIK, Shadowrun dieroll mechanics are fully supported. If you find something essential missing after playing with the demo, let me know.

Here is just one thread that discusses Shadowrun support, but a forum search for "Shadowrun" or "SR4" will reveal many more that might be of interest.

I think you'll find that BRPG is much better suited at many things than NWN, particularly when it comes to GM improvisation.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.