Usability: Placing on Tiles (RC2-PR) [FIXED-v1.0]

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Omnidon
Site Admin

Usability: Placing on Tiles (RC2-PR) [FIXED-v1.0]

Post by Omnidon » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:26 am

It sort of defeats the purpose of making a tile-based map if you can't place units on top of it ;-)

After I turn an object into a tile, I can't get the "Place a Unit" context menu when right clicking on it.

It's the same for locked objects, though I sort of expected that.
Last edited by Omnidon on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:28 pm, edited 10 times in total.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:28 pm

This is more of a case of incomplete development than a bug. For now, just deploy stuff by right-clicking on an empty part of the map, which shouldn't be too hard. You can always drag the deployed tile into position later.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:51 pm

Yeah, just making sure you knew about it ;-)
And I knew someone else would say it if I didn't :P

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:13 pm

Deploying units by double-clicking on an object set to Tile now works in v1.0.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:29 pm

--- Marked as Fixed for v1.0 ---

Note that spawning units on 'locked' objects still is not possible, though this will only be an issue on object-heavy maps such as forests.

Venger
General

placement

Post by Venger » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:14 am

I am trying to search thru all the bugs to see if what Im having is already posted to avoid duplications.

Would this be the same thing as what I am experiencing...

I can right click and place a figure on a hex grid

Then when I try to move the figure, the figure many times will hop around the hex I am trying to place it into.

Then, many times (meaning more times than not) when I do get the figure placed, the figure will hop back out of the hex usually about two or so hexes below where I dropped it.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:28 am

There's a problem with the snapping code. It's what I'm currently working on to fix for v1.0. It seems to only happen after the map has been scrolled.

The admitedly-lame workaround: You can use the drag method to at least get close to where you want to go, and then tweak any mis-snaps into the proper place using the number keys.

BTW, this is not the same issue that was being discussed here. This thread might have been a better place to post this: http://www.battlegroundsgames.com/phpBB ... .php?t=688
But don't worry about it. If you post something in the wrong place, a moderator will simply move it; and if it's something that's already been brought up, I still prefer that to folks not posting at all. :)