A few unexpected "features" [RESOLVED]

Calamari
Cannon Fodder

A few unexpected "features" [RESOLVED]

Post by Calamari » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:09 pm

Hey all,

Ok, so my friend just turned me on to this software a few days ago, and we are testing it to see if it will work for a campaign that I am going to try and run.

Today I decided to take scans from my source material and use them as maps. The first problem I run into is that no matter how I scale my maps (even saving them out as 2440x2440 images with lots of whitespace), the software scales them really oddly. (I have taken special care to make sure that the gridlines included on the map are around 61x61 pixels to match up with the grid in the engine).

I couldn't get that to work, so I decided that maybe I could load the scan as an object, call it a tile, and then scale it to fit the map.

Well, everything works, except my unit manager panel won't display the "Object Name" text box for me to name the object! This of course means that I can't finish the "object placement", and can't use the unit manager to edit that object.

The software looks really solid, and aside from a few buggy things I think it's pretty awesome, especially for the price. Any help that I can get is much appreciated, as we want to run a quick test of the sofwtare tomorrow evening.

Relevant info:

Platform: AMD CPU running Windows XP Pro SP2
Release: v1.0.2a

If needed I can provide screenshots.

Thanks!

Full Bleed
General

Post by Full Bleed » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:53 pm

I think what you need to do is go into the Map Settings (in the B) and set the map size to the scale that the map you are using is supposed to be.

I created a quick 5x5 (305x305 pixel) map, then selected it, but since the Map Settings were still at 40x40 it just blew up my map. I think that is what was happening to your maps. Once I set the map to 5x5 it worked perfectly and lined up with the grid perfectly.

Calamari
Cannon Fodder

Post by Calamari » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:45 am

Well editing the grid size helps the scale issue, but I can't get the grid lines to match up (wish there was a way for me to adjust the map location).

Still not getting the "Object Name" text box though =/

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:22 am

As I mentioned in your other thread, the objects text field problem is a known bug in BRPG v1.0.2a

Please install the v1.0.2b patch to resolve that and other issues.

http://www.battlegroundsgames.com/phpBB ... =6590#6590

Calamari
Cannon Fodder

Post by Calamari » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:55 am

Omnidon wrote:As I mentioned in your other thread, the objects text field problem is a known bug in BRPG v1.0.2a

Please install the v1.0.2b patch to resolve that and other issues.

http://www.battlegroundsgames.com/phpBB ... =6590#6590
Thanks! Sorry, guess I should have looked harder in the bugs forum for the patch.

I appreciate the quick response, though!

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:26 pm

np ;-)
the patch was rather new anyway.

--- Marked Resolved ---

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:00 pm

Welcome, Calamari.

Sorry for the confusion caused by the bug in v1.0.2a.

FYI, I´ll soon be adding a means to adjust the map offset, to make BRPG easier to use with scanned maps.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.